Hey there~ I'm currently running on 3 hours of sleep in 39 hours so I might be a little illogical and stuff. I've been thinking a lot about things & I guess this can be a prequel of "Running words 4." but first I'll just touch on the events of the previous week... I don't know if I've mentioned it to anyone but I'm doing this recap of the week thing because I swear my memory is failing me & I really can't remember much except for the bigger events. This is a test of my brain power & I guess if I ever do get early age dementia, I can always refer to this space to remind myself of who I was & what I used to do. I joke.
Theresa came back on Wednesday & I met her on the bus on Thursday, exactly 3 weeks since the last time I saw her! & she got me a light orange v-neck tee (the shirt above)! Heh. I love how my friends know me so well that they know what to get me :):) Met up with SOS later at night despite our busy schedules - guess there will always be time for friends! & I really don't remember much other than ending class early, heading to Starbucks to work on assignments, eating at Long John Silver's and shopping for awhile...
Went for the church event at Tanjong Beach @ Sentosa on Saturday but didn't really get to enjoy myself because I was plagued by misfortune. Blah. Although I did get to touch an albino python? But on a happier note, after I got everything out of the way, I changed & went for the masquerade party! Which was actually a surprise farewell party for Iniki who is going to New York to further her studies. Here's a photo taken off Facebook.
Iniki is the first from the left! Pretty ain't she? Anyway these are some of my classmates back in IJ. & obviously we got photobombed. HAHAHAHA. & somehow photos uploaded on Facebook become of such bad quality... I shall wait for Theresa to upload those from Penny (ahem!).
Sunday was also a horribly packed day. Woke up early & headed down to Starbucks to, well, work on assignments & study for tests with Theresa & Cheryl. What's new? Left Starbucks for service with my sister. But before service, I got myself a pretzel to satisfy my craving & to strike it off the mental list of must have food items. Left service for Baybeats @ the Esplanade but left Baybeats for home because my Doctor Martens were killing me. I swear I'm never ever going to break those shoes man. They are too evil. & that was 6 hours of time away NOT doing work. Which explains why I had only 3 hours of sleep...
& I'm just going to post random photos from the week. Mostly of my face of course.
Really think I look Thai here. I never look Thai. Heehee. So proud to be Thai.
Because I'm shamelessly vain
& I camwhore everywhere & anywhere
By myself. (Especially when I'm bored)
Snacks stash that helped me survive the mad rush of studying through Sunday night. Slept at 6:45am & had to give the morning class a miss because I'm too old for this. As much as I refuse to admit it. My immune system is really slowly failing me man.
Really random photo of bentos & canned drinks (I've no idea why I keep calling packed food bentos even when they aren't Japanese food). Ran away in the middle of class to get them. Heh.
& I guess that should sum up my week? I'm so busy but I've no idea why I'm so busy. I guess I just spend a lot of time trying to get something done that it possibly takes up an entire day. You know, just to ramble off my head (I do this a lot when I'm tired), I've been trying to clear my room since over a month ago & the only thing I've done is to rearrange things. Moving things from the floor to the shelf. I should really go about clearing up. Then again, if you think about it, I'm leaving in 2 months & I will clear my room by packing the things that I intend to bring. Makes sense? Killing two birds with one stone.
Anyway, moving back to the thought of the prequel of "Running words 4.", one important thing that I've noticed from around me is that the fight for many important causes have now been over-commercialized. It's sad. People attend these events just because it is cool & I'm pretty sure when they go home that day, the fight for these causes will all be gone. I just really hope that these people would step up to help if there were to be real confrontational fights for the causes. I mean it is one thing to go for an event to soak in the atmosphere & another to make claims during the event that you wouldn't even think about on any other day. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too sensitive.
This last thought that has been constantly bugging my mind is the power of positive thinking. As much as I believe that it is important to keep thinking positively - that if you want something badly and believe that you will get it, you will eventually get it - I've my doubts about it too. If you believe in something so badly but don't ever get it, does that mean that the power of positive thinking is void? I strongly believe that if I don't get something, it is because God has something else in store for me. Something that is better. But does that mean that I can't desire for anything? See, what if two people are positively thinking about 2 different things that contradict each other? Person A is thinking of wanting Person B to be hers. Person B however is thinking of perhaps a Person C. So does that mean the winner will be the one who is more positive in his/her thinking??? Or does that mean that you can never desire a specific person but only an unknown person (but with a full description)? Oh wells.
I've to pause here due to writer's block & I'm really just zoning out. How people survive with little/no sleep, I really wonder. Please impart some of your knowledge to me please.
Am very excited to have Korean BBQ at Ssikkek with SOS for lunch. If anyone wants to have Korean BBQ but don't know where to go, please feel free to ask me to direct you to Ssikkek. & if you don't have anyone to go with, please feel free to invite me. & possibly pay for my meal. I kid.
Okay I think its the lack of sleep & late night talking so I'd be signing off now. Tata!
& I would very much like to have some food placed inside me now.

No comments:
Post a Comment