What's up! It's 2014 & since I only blog once a month, I shall treat this post quite seriously.
I'm not going to blog about resolutions or anything because isn't your life back to where it was before the NY celebrations? Doesn't mean it's a new year, you have to change. It is just another day except for the fact that you can use the line, "Wow the last time I met you was last year!". Maybe it's better if we all made wishes for the year. That way, you can leave it up to God, destiny, hard work, or whatever you believe in. I made 3 wishes for 2014 (which I obviously wouldn't tell) & it was actually proposed by my pastor. I really believe in that guy, he's like the best thing that ever happened to me.
I remember mentioning that I'm going to post the cheesecake recipe but I guess I lied. Oh wells. Here are photos with captions of December 2013 instead.
Was glad to be back in my happy zone (Was because I'm no longer sure it is my happy zone - it has been known to cause me to be euphorically angry & then really depressed the next day - so I'm taking a long break)
I turned 20! & this was my supposed birthday "cake" until the waiter gave us a complimentary molten chocolate cake. So sweet ^^ (the 3rd cake of the day - Berns got me one in the afternoon & I had one at midnight by myself. Yes I had a birthday cake for myself by myself)
I love this so much :Q_______ (somewhere off Balestier)
& this too (Toss & Turn). I always ask for half veg half noodles & double salmon!
Made ondeh ondeh on one of those depressing days
R: You can't tell but I was on the hospital bed haha Geofry got spooked while I was riding and I fell off and landed on my back. Now my right hip hurts (it has been 3 weeks?) & it gets worse with alcohol & standing/sitting so I basically have been lying down and staying home a lot lately. Not complaining though. So many shows to watch & so little time.
The people who made malaysiaroadtrip2013 happen.
We were in KL for 2.5 days - basically spent the entire time shopping or trying to find our way around places &...yea that's about it and we headed down to Malacca for food! :Q_______
If by any chance you're heading to Malacca, please have this popiah with extra lard (you can just drive by & order without getting out of your car - the heat is insane & well, people get lazy...)
Nyonya kueh from Baba Charlie! I love kuehs but these weren't that awesome... Although there is this putu piring (kueh tutu) stall @ Jalan Tengkera that is bloody awesome! The orders just keep coming & you can do a drive through order as well but it takes awhile. You should have it while it's still hot, it is absolutely delicious.
We attempted to walk for like...20 minutes but ran back to the car because it was too hot. Well...we tried...
So basically that wraps up the 5-day road trip to Malaysia. It was awesome & I didn't want to head back but I guess all good things must come to an end :(
Next on my agenda was the X'mas party hosted by my sister & I. It went really well. It was actually pretty awesome. Which came as a relief because I didn't want to disappoint anyone. Got a throbbing headache after awhile so I shooed everyone out of my house & crashed hahaha Feliz Navidad!
L: Love this dress I wore to a X'mas party (it was supposed to be my bday dress but it arrived late) R: The lovely tree in my house which is present-less
Celebrated X'mas in so many different ways & people this year & I'm so glad because all we did last year was this...
NY's was even lamer hahaha we just spent it watching fireworks shoot out from the Space Needle.
R: Had to upload this despite looking spastic 'cause Rach looks too cute! (we were mimicking Theresa's new pose)
\o/ if you get this photo, you're awesome!
Basically spent NYE sending this photo to everyone & the Moët photo below in the first few hours of 2014 (yay to another episode of texting everyone on my whatsapp/message convo list - I've no shame) haha other than that, I spent NYE @ Chloe's playing card games & then @ Dawn's lazing & chatting & finally @ Anthony's for the real deal. I would like to think that I played a huge part in clearing all the leftover food & drinks :):) So proud of myself. I'm a bucket. We even had Swee Choon after. What a merry start to 2014.
Finally a photo of all 6 of us! "Gamble soon"
L: Funniest photo of the lot. Me hugging my baby & refusing to let go
Finally a photo with more than 4 of us ^^
Le gracious host
Gonna end this post with a collage of 4 of my favorite girls. Super grateful for these 4. My life wouldn't be the same without them so muacks muacks. Hurt one of them & I wouldn't let you off. I bark & I bite.
Dulce sueños!











No comments:
Post a Comment