Jacqueline Llewelyn | Singapore | "I could be a lot more normal"

Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013


This is the point in everyone's lives when they start to look back at all the retarded things that they had done in the previous year & wonder about what the new year will bring. Would it be a new beginning? Or would it just be a continuation of the past year? Would it bring joy? Or would it bring the saddest moment(s) in life? Seeing that the world did not end on the 21st of December 2012, I'm convinced that New Year resolutions are no longer lame & I shall set one (or a few) for the year of 2013.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to a new year where I can tell myself that I can leave everything bad behind and start afresh. I know that I will most likely give up any resolutions that I make within a few days but that's not the point, it's the thought that counts. Quoting the pastor at City Church today (sorry I did not catch your name) - Do not consider the past when thinking about the future...behold the new things. It made me think about all the times when I subconsciously thought that my past has to connect to my future. But if I were to let it go, I would be able to do so much more. I would not let it affect my thoughts & I would slowly but surely better myself. I haven't found my place in the world but I'm slowly getting there & I believe that I would know who I'm soon enough. Still really finding myself here.

I would totally like to find myself, find my race.

Looking back at 2012 & what it gave me, I must say that I'm impressed by how much God can squeeze into a year. 2012 flew by like the wind, one moment I'm settling my visa to the States and the next, I'm sitting here at my office desk in 2013.

I must say that 2012 was impressive because of all that happened and how much I'd grown. Does this mean that each year will only get more exciting? Because I seem to recall saying that for every single New Year post. I don't regret any of the things that happened within the year. It really moulded me & I doubt I'll do anything differently.

Nonetheless, here's to 2013!

I'll blog about Seattle...soon...

No comments: